The Dahaka in Warrior Within
|Alias||Guardian of Time|
|Origin||created by the Gods|
|Occupation||Guardian of the Timeline|
|Item(s)/Weapon(s)||Tentacles; Manipulation of Time|
|Out of Universe Data|
|Appearance(s)||Battles of Prince of Persia,|
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
|Voiced by||Richard Dumont|
- "You are quick mortal, quick to die!"
The Dahaka (also known as the Guardian of Time) is an antagonist in Battles of Prince of Persia and Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. The guardian of the timeline, he appears only when the timeline is disrupted. It is the Dahaka's duty to make sure that the Prince meets his death in order to restore the timeline.
- "A Massive mythical creature spawned by the Prince's disruption of the Timeline, the Dahaka is the Guardian of the Timeline. When something exists in the Timeline that should not be there, the Dahaka is sent to erase it.Since the Prince should have died in the Sultan's Palace, the Dahaka has been sent to remove him. This huge beast follows our hero with a single purpose: Ending the Prince's life. The Dahaka appears sporadically, traveling through reality in a swirling black void. As it approaches, the ground trembles and unsuspecting bystanders are forever pulled into this gaping emptiness, never to return. This beast is surely not of this world. The Dahaka knows its purpose. Walls and weapons means nothing to it and it cannot be killed, harmed or slowed down."
- —Official booklet description
- "Created by the Prince’s disruption of the Timeline, this massive, mythical creature
was created with a single purpose – ending the Prince’s life as quickly as possible. The Dahaka is a monster too hideous even to imagine. As it approaches, the ground trembles and walls, earth, and unsuspecting bystanders are forever pulled into a gaping emptiness, never to return. It couldn’t be clearer that this beast is not of this world."
- —Instructional Manual
Battles of Prince of PersiaEdit
The Dahaka appeared to the Prince during the time wherein his abilities a warrior were brought into question and thought little of on account of his tampering with time. When the Dahaka attempted to kill the Prince, his life was spared by Darius, who sacrificed himself to save the Prince. After the death of Darius, the Prince began the search on how to stop the Dahaka.
During his travels on the Island of Time, the Dahaka pursues the Prince throughout the Fortress of Time. The hero has to flee, unable to harm the creature. The Dahaka is relentless in his pursuit of the Prince and his mission is only halted whenever the Prince crosses areas with water; the Prince learns that the Dahaka cannot touch water or fight against it, so he uses this advantage to escape from the Dahaka.
A Second ChanceEdit
The Dahaka followed the Prince even in the past, making his journey even more difficult. After the death of the Empress, the Prince thinks that he's free to leave the Island, but the Dahaka arrives and throws him into a secret passage. The Prince then realizes that by killing the Empress, he created the sands of time.
The Prince managed to retrieve the mask, transforming into the Sand Wraith. He then assumes that the creature who was following him was in fact himself who was trying to warn him about the Empress of Time.
The Prince travels back in time to reach Kaileena, but once again, he's followed by the guardian of Timeline. The wooden bridge onto which the Dahaka steps collapses, but before falling to his assumed death, one of the Dahaka's tentacles reaches the prince, who slices it and screams with anger.
After reaching Kaileena in the present, the Prince stops her from fighting. Suddenly, the Dahaka appears and tries to absorb Kaileena, who doesn't belong in the present. The Prince attacks him, and due to having the Water Sword, is able to harm him. Kaileena runs away and the Prince fights the beast with his sword, now able to harm the monster. After a long battle, Kaileena throws a sand ball at the Dahaka, who gets caught on the edge of the platform. The prince stabs the Dahaka's head, and the creature falls into the water. As the sea turns black, the Dahaka comes out from the water, only to explode, the ocean water returning back to normal. The Prince has changed his fate.
- When the Prince fights Kaileena for the first time, she says: "I had hoped the Dahaka would kill you.", but when he fights her for the second time with the Water Sword and the Dahaka appears, Kaileena has no idea who the Dahaka is.
- The Dahaka's height seems to change throughout Warrior Within. It sometimes appears larger than the Prince, others, just a little over the Princes height. This is likely an error on the end of the developers.
- According to the instructional manual, the Dahaka was "created" by the Prince's disruption of the Timeline, suggesting it did not exist prior to the release of the Sands of Time.
- The Dahaka's horns resemble the infinity symbol, perhaps indicating its eternal existence.
- The Dahaka may have very likely been based on a character from Iranian mythology known as Aži Dahāka.
- The Dahaka speaks in reverse. When the Dahaka speaks, if time is turned back, its sentences can be understood.