Artwork of Elika
|Relatives||Prince (Lover), the Mourning King (Father), Ormazd (Master)|
|Appearance(s)||Prince of Persia Prince of Persia Epilogue, Prince of Persia: The Fallen King, Stories And Secrets|
- "What is one grain of sand in the desert?...What is one grain of sand in the storm?"
Elika accompanies and protects the Prince in their quest to rid the land from Ahriman's corruption. Her magic powers save the prince from death and helping him navigate the world. The Prince collaborates with Elika in order to bring down his enemies and remove the land's corruption. While the Prince cannot get new weapons or health upgrades, the player can upgrade Elika's powers by collecting light seeds after an area has been healed. These powers allow the Prince to access new areas. There are a total of 1001 light seeds.
Elika is initially closed off and defensive around the Prince, not revealing anything about herself unless absolutely necessary. However, she gradually begins to reveal more about her past and the current situation as her trust in him builds throughout their journey. She is quite knowledgeable on both the Corrupted and Ahriman as well as the use of her powers, explaining the backstory of every location and Corrupted in detail.
She is unwilling to accept the Prince's insistence that she should give up saving her father. And although the Prince tries to encourage her, Elika soon shares his doubt about rescuing her father. Elika's personality becomes friendlier as the game progresses and she states that she is beginning to like the Prince more and more and would be greatly saddened to lose him.
Elika believes not all the corrupted are pure evil, which is evidenced when she attempts to get the Warrior to turn against Ahriman and her defense of the Hunter when the Prince speaks ill about him. She also defends her father against the Prince's insults in their conversations, even as he becomes more corrupted, attempting to make him see reason and free him from the Corruption.
Elika is proven right about the Warrior when in their final battle he throws them to safety before his destruction and she hopes he found the peace he never found in life. The Hunter is not treated as highly, but after defeating him, she does speak to him gently and releases him from Ahriman without much of a fight and hopes he has found peace as well. Elika's father is not freed due to his jumping into the corruption before she had a chance to release him.
The Alchemist is treated less kindly by Elika because he betrayed the Ahura and created machines and monsters for use by Ahriman and attempts to say a good line for his demise which the Prince criticizes. She hates the Alchemist's machines and wishes to destroy them after Ahriman is sealed once again.
The Concubine is outright hated by Elika because she is insane, attempting to drive a wedge between her and the Prince, as well seducing the Prince. Elika destroys her quite gladly.
Elika looked quite different in the early stages of the development of Prince of Persia. She had long white hair, thin strap sandals as opposed to bare feet, and wore a red top. Elika also had a pair of daggers. The early Elika is seen in the first leaked screenshots of the game. In Prince of Persia Epilogue after finishing the game, the prototype appearances of the Prince and Elika are unlocked.
In her final design she is wearing a torn shirt, brown pants down to her knees, no footwear, and a golden anklet on her left ankle. She also has two other alternate skins. One is Jade from Beyond Good & Evil where she is wearing a crop top, a green jacket, and green pants.
Her other skin is Farah from the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time games where she has her hair in a ponytail and is wearing a red skirt and shantal, two-layer gold necklace, gold bracelets, and is once again barefoot wearing only a pair of hefty anklets (as opposed to Farah's sandals). All of her skins show her midriff, her normal one being the one which shows the least.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Elika gained magical powers after her father resurrected her, which released Ahriman. Although she doesn't quite understand how, it was most likely given to her by Ormazd.
Expert Magician: Elika has been seen able to use her magic very effectively, despite not fully understanding the nature and purpose of her power herself. It because of her power she is able to aid the Prince throughout his journey and without her, it would have been impossible for the Prince. She was also able to hold her own against Ahriman. Her magic rivals that of Zal, who appears in The Fallen King.
- Purification: Elika is able to purify corrupted fertile grounds. She was able to also free/destroy The Corrupted form Ahriman's Influence. Her magic seems to affect the Corrupt greatly.
- Step of Ormazd - Gives Elika the ability to jump between Step of Ormazd's plates.
- Hand of Ormazd - Gives her the ability to be carried between Hand of Ormazd's plates.
- Breath of Ormazd - Gives the blessed the power to run up on vertical walls between Breath of Ormazd's plates; used primarily in the Vale and the City of Light.
- Wings of Ormazd - Gives her the power to fly between Wings of Ormazd's plates.
- Energize - Gives her the ability to reconstruct destroyed areas of the environment to create a path for a period of time.
- Acrobatics: Elika, throughout Prince of Persia, followed the Prince and has been seen running on walls alongside with the Prince, able to keep with him.
- Skilled Combatant: While not on the level of the Prince, she is capable of holding her own. She frequently helps the Prince in his combat situations, perfectly in synch with him.
- "Patience brings its own rewards..."
- "Gold glitters, but it's what you buy with it that counts."
- "The light will not fail!"
- "I have experience of men doing stupid things for women!"
- "Against the darkness...We shall triumph!"