|Prince of Persia Classic|
|Platform(s)||Xbox Live Arcade, Mobile phone, PlayStation Network|
Prince of Persia Classic is a 2007 remake of the 1989 Prince of Persia developed by Gameloft and Ubisoft Sofia Xbox Live Arcade. The game was released on June 13, 2007 for 800 Microsoft Points ($10 USD). It was later released on the PlayStation Network on October 23, 2008.
- "While the Sultan of Persia is away for a war, the evil Vizier seizes the throne for himself. He has also imprisoned the beautiful Princess and has given her an hour to decide her fate – marry him or die. As the courageous Prince, you have 60 minutes to complete the mission of saving the Princess from her deadly fate."
- —Official Description
- The Prince - An orphan boy living on the streets who falls in love with the Princess.
- The Dark Prince - An doppelganger of the Prince.
- The Princess - The daughter of the Sultan; the Princess is captured by Jaffar and must be saved by the Prince.
- The Sultan - The father of the Princess, he called away from Persia on important business.
- Jaffar - The Sultan's Vizier who dreams of power and wants to take the throne of Persia for himself.
- Main article: Prince of Persia (1989)#Story
- This section requires a gameplay description unique to Prince of Persia Classic
Prince of Persia Classic received mixed to generally favorable reviews among critics and fans. Reviews praised the updated graphics, smooth animation, classic platform gameplay, improved controls, and extra game modes. The reviews were tempered by the short gameplay and a lack of replay value. As of May 10, 2008, the Metacritic score is 82.